Revision is fundamental to successful exam preparation and achievement. Different people revise in different ways, but everyone needs to find a way of going back over previous learning to ensure it sticks so that it can be reproduced in a test or exam. Here's our advice on how make the most of your revision time.
- Start your revision early (months, not days before exams)
- Make sure that you have a suitable space to revise in at home, away from distractions
- Place your mobile phone on silent and out of reach
- Set yourself small, achievable goals and tick them off when you have completed them
- Produce a revision timetable, focusing on key areas you need to revise
- Make sure you have regular short breaks
- Mix it up - use a range of revision techniques
- Once you have revised the content, have a go as a past exam question, using the mark scheme to self-assess
For essential exam information and policies please visit the Exams Office page.